Tuesday 21 July 2015

Blog 2350: End of Season

As most of you are now on your break with others planning for National and British success, now is the time for reflection on a tremendous season for Long Eaton S.C. With results up in every measure there is no doubt that Long Eaton S.C. is taking strides forward and becoming one of the best clubs not just in the County but in the Region and beyond.

This all seems great but we cannot rest on our laurels, we have to look forward to next season and say "how can I be better?"

So, review your own performance and ask these simple questions:

Was my attendance good enough? Unless its above 90% the answer is probably not.
How was my nutrition? Did you get the right balance of macronutriants? Did you hydrate? Did you eat the right things at the right times? - Did you ask for help?
Did I try my best in training? Everyone has off days but so long as you put the effort in then you have had a good session.
Were my skills the best they could be? Streamlining, Fly Kicks, breath control, finishes, starts, turns.
Did I listen and remember the points given to me by my coaches to improve on? Then, did I work on those points?
Were my goals set correctly? Did I hit my goals? Do I even know my goals or PB's?
Did I race enough?

So, once you've answered those questions, you need to look at what you can do to correct any negative answers; how you can improve yourself. Next season I am going to challenge all youth and age goup swimmers to qualify for the Midland Championships on the 200 IM. To do that you need speed and stamina on all four strokes, so competing on all four strokes, at all the distances, is a must. Look at your time from the Club Champs; look at the Regional Qualifying Time for your age group and set your goals to get there accordingly. Can we get 30 swimmers qualifying for the 200IM at Regionals? I believe we can - do you believe in yourself? I am working on a new goal sheet that will give you paces for the IM events automatically from your individual stroke goals, so let's get these sheets filled in and let's make Long Eaton S.C. the number one club in the Region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH65jS-EseQ

You have been great this season; it's now time to go beyond greatness.